Recognizing a Natural Gas Leak
If the situation calls for it, or if there is an impending threat to people or property: CALL 911!
Indoor Gas Leaks –
Should you smell the odor of gas in an enclosed area such as your home or business, leave the building. DO NOT operate light switches, phones or other electrical devices! They may cause a spark which could ignite the gas. Evacuate and then call GFU immediately at (210)695-8781, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Our technicians will respond promptly.
Outdoor Gas Leaks –
If you notice particles of dirt or debris blowing up from the ground or bubbles blowing from standing water, this could indicate an underground gas leak. You may or may not smell gas depending on wind and other weather conditions. If you notice any indication that there may be an underground gas leak call GFU immediately at (210)695-8781, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Our technicians will respond promptly.